WordPress in its infinite wisdom has come with an eBook, 365 Writing Prompts: A Prompt to Get You Writing Each and Every Day of the Year. There are some prompts I don’t think I’ll have much to say if anything and others that may open the proverbial Pandora’s Box.
So, let’s see I didn’t do January 1st or 2nd for a couple of reasons. On January 1st, I had the pleasure of recovering from surgery I had on the 31st, so I was pretty doped up and could have cared less about the new year rolling in. And truth be told, I think I probably enjoyed my anesthesia induced haze more than the last five New Year’s Eve celebrations.
January 2nd’s prompt was, “have you ever made a New Year’s Resolution that you kept?” The long and short of it is No. And that is the reason I don’t do New Year’s Resolutions. I set goals throughout the year and adjust them as needed.
Today’s prompt is “Kick it” which asks, “what’s the 11th item on your bucket list?” Sadly, I don’t have a bucket list per se. But if I did, here are some things that would be on it.
- Graduate college
- Witness the Aurora Lights
- Go Skydiving
- Go Scuba diving
- Learn sign language
- Visit the Grand Canyon
- Hike the Appalachian Trail (the whole thing. All 2,200 miles of it)
- Go to Australia and New Zealand
- Foster/adopt a child(ren)
- Go on an African Safari
- Drive U.S. Route 50 (well, sadly that’s not going to happen anytime soon. I’d need a good two weeks and that doesn’t even give me time to stop and see all there is to see)
- Live abroad (England, Ireland, Scotland)
- Visit Denali National Park
- Ski the Swiss Alps
- Cruise around the world